Chrysal Aqua Pad is an innovative product for potted plants that helps to reduce pot plant wastage during the retail phase and ensures longer lasting freshness and shelf life. Aqua Pad is a wood fibre mat to be placed between the plant’s grower pot and cover pot or gift bag. It creates a water reservoir for plants susceptible to dehydration issues, such as potted Rose, Azalea and Cyclamen. Aqua Pad consists of 100% natural fibres and is therefore 100% compostable. The wood fibre in the Aqua Pad is FSC certified, ensuring that it comes from responsibly harvested and verified sources. With Aqua Pad plants can be transported longer or packed earlier. Adding an Aqua Pad is fast and easy with the automatic application provided by Flier or by using Modiform Trays with an Aqua Pad already included.
- Increases sales, improves shelf life presentation with healthy looking plants.
- Prolongs plant life in store by up to 30% and reduces waste in total supply chain.
- Reduces the need to water plants in store.
- 100% compostable, so no left-over waste.
- Wrapped Aqua Pad: a wrapping holds the pad material together and prevents it from losing its shape when wetted, thus making it easier to apply, if done so manually.
- Aqua Pad: Available in different sizes and shapes, to be used with automatic application.
- Aqua Pad Tray: Chrysal Aqua Pad can be automatically applied with a Flier Systems Aqua Pad Dispenser. This machine places the pads in trays or pots and ensures that the correct amount of water is applied.
- For more information, download the product sheet.