Helianthus care tips
The best flower by far to symbolize summer is the sunny Helianthus, commonly known as the sunflower. Its round head, with bright yellow petals, makes it perfectly clear why the flower is referred to as sunflower. Helianthus even comes from the Greek words Helios (sun) and anthos (flower). Originally, all sunflower species originate from North America, with the exception of three species coming from South America. If you want to know how to enjoy your sunflowers longer, then be sure to follow our tips below!
Tips for florists
When working with sunflowers as a florist, a good hygiene is really important. Make sure your working space is nice and clean, and don't forget to clean your tools. Also, to keep your sunflowers in good condition in the store, we recommend using a conditioner like Professional 2. If you do, your customers will surely enjoy their flowers a lot longer.
Tips for consumers
- As Helianthus are sensitive to contamination, it is extra important to use a clean vase, preferably made of glass.
- Cut the stem 2-5 cm with a clean, sharp knife or secateurs.
- Use Chrysal Better Bloom flower food to keep your sunflowers fresh and beautiful the longest.
- Keep flowers away from draft, heat and direct sunlight.
- Enjoy these sunny flowers!