What are the best potted plants care rules for florists?
- Purchase plants of sufficient maturity and quality
- Pay attention to the activity of the plants e.g. still developing young leaves and flowers
- Pay attention to the quality of leaves and flowers; check the colour and the absence of damage
- Remove damaged and discoloured leaves and flowers
- Remove wilted plants or plants which may have stopped flowering to maintain a good looking display in the shop
- Do not spray water on top of the plants as this increases the chance of fungal growth (Botrytis) in flowers and dust stains on the leaves.
- Avoid draughts and keep away from direct heat sources.
- Ensure that there is enough water available for the plant. Use rainwater if possible.
- Soil must be kept moist, prevent excess of water at the bottom of the plant, we advise the use of Aqua Pad
- Use Chrysal Leafshine to improve shelf life & presentation