How do you choose the best vase for your bouquet?
There is a logical relationship between the size, height and weight of a bouquet of cut flowers and the size, height and weight of the vase. Flower arrangers often have as a rule of thumb that the height of the vase should be between 40 and 60 % of the height of the bouquet.
The best combination ensures that:
- The flowers stand up straight
- The vase can preferably hold enough water for at least one week
- The vase weighs enough not to fall over i.e. not ‘top heavy’
- The desired arrangement is achieved
Tips for consumer phase:
- Clean the vase before use
- Use the right size and add the right amount of flower food for the bouquet:
Small to medium bouquets: cut flower food for 1 litre vase solution
Larger bouquets: 2x cut flower food for 2 litres vase solution
- After use, clean the vase and place it upside down