Lisianthus care tips
Let us introduce you to the new Flower of the Month for December: the wonderful Lisianthus (or Eustoma). This beautiful flower originates from the southern United States, Mexico and the northern part of South America. The Lisianthus is available in a range of colours, from pink to purple and white to blue. Also, it can be found bi-coloured and sometimes even in yellow or carbine-red. More variations are introduced every year. Lisianthus are either single-flowered or double-flowered.
Taking care of the Lisianthus can be quite challenging. Because of this we have put together a list of care tips, so you can take proper care of them, both at home and in store.
Lisianthus care tips for florists:
- Make sure your buckets and vases are clean and add water with Professional 2, as the Lisianthus are very sensitive to pollution.
- Lisianthus require a lot of water, so keep an eye on those water levels.
- Being placed in a draught or near a heater is disastrous for the Lisianthus so make sure they are placed away from those.
Lisianthus care tips for consumers:
- Cut off 2-5 cm off the stem
- Use a clean knife or secateurs
- Use a clean vase
- Use Chrysal Universal flower food
- Remove the lower leaves, so they don’t hang in the water
- Keep your Lisianthus away from ripening fruit, draught and direct sunlight
- Regularly top up the vase with water and flower food when the water level decreases to about 1/3rd