Polianthes Tuberosa care tips
The lovely smelling Polianthes Tuberosa is our new Flower of the Month. You can find this beautiful flower in three colours: white, pink and purple while some variants are even striped. Multiple flowers grow on a single stem in bunches and the size of the flower can vary. In this article we tell you all you need to know about this flower so you can take care of them in the best way possible.
Originally Polianthes Tuberosa could be found Mexico and Central America. There they were cultivated by the Aztecs. Later the flowers were exported to Europe and from there the flower spread all across the globe. The parfum industry loves to use this flower, which has a very strong scent.
Polianthes Tuberosa care tips for florists
Use the tips below to keep the Polianthes Tuberosa fresh and beautiful as long as possible in your shop.
- Use clean buckets and tools.
- Store the flowers in a solution of Chrysal Professional 2.
- Provide your customers with Chrysal Paper sachet flower food.
- Keep these flowers away from draughts, direct sunlight and heaters.
Polianthes Tuberosa care tips for consumers
With the tips below you will be able to enjoy this wonderful flower as long as possible.
- Use a clean vase and fill it with cold tap water.
- Add Chrysal Paper sachet flower food to the water.
- Cut off 3-5 cm of the stems with a clean knife or secateurs.
- Remove any leaves from the vase water.
- Keep the flowers away from draughts, direct sunlight, heaters and the fruit bowl.
- Top-up the vase with water and flower food when needed.